Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tracing My Exploratory Essay

Before I even started organizing my essay, I brainstormed on questions that I really wanted to ask someone in the business or legal field about professional writing. When it came to the point that I had a handle full of questions, I began my outline of main points that I wanted to discuss and explain. I usually don't go into detail until I am writing the paper, itself, because I feel that it is the best way to capture what I think about a specific subject. As I began to type my paper, I followed the outline that I had made. It really helped me stay focused and adhere to a linear train of thought. One by one, I would address each question, and explain my reasoning for choosing that question. As I was finishing up with my conclusion, I looked back at what I had already written. Summing up my thoughts, I ended the project. I read it through a couple of times, changed a few sentences, and finally turned the paper in.

No comments: